Safe Biking Tips
- Always wear a bike helmet.
- Tell an adult if anything is wrong or broken on your bike.
- Wear brightly colored clothing so that others can see you better.
- Remember: one seat = only one rider!
- Keep both hands on the handlebars.
- Walk your bike across busy intersections.
When you are riding on the street you must:
- Realize that you are a vehicle.
- Obey traffic signs and lights.
- Ride on the right-hand side of the street in the same direction as traffic.
- Always use hand signals when stopping or turning.
- Look left, right, left for traffic at stop signs & driveways before riding out into the street.
- Be aware of surrounding traffic.
- When riding with others, ride single file.