Oakwood Village Police Department 24800 Broadway Avenue · Oakwood Village, OH 44146
Non Emergency440-232-1035
Email Contact Us


  • What can I do to help the police department?

    Notify the police department immediately anytime you see any suspicious activity. Try to obtain an accurate description of the subjects along with any vehicles involved.

    We would rather respond to a call and find it to be unfounded than to learn that a crime had occurred. Also, be certain your house address is clearly marked on your mailbox and/or house and is visible from the street. This aids our officers and greatly reduces response emergency times.

  • How do I get in touch with the animal warden?

    You can leave a message for the animal warden by calling the police department non-emergency line 440-232-1035. However, keep in mind that the animal warden is not always immediately available.

    We know you love your pets, but the village has several ordinances relating to animals: dangerous or vicious, the number allowed, barking or howling, running at large, and removal of animal waste. Please be considerate of your neighbors.

  • What are on-street parking requirements?

    On-street parking is not permitted in the Village of Oakwood. Exceptions may be made for emergencies, driveway construction, out-of-town guests, or situations similar in nature. The police department must be contacted in advance if such permission is to be granted. Vehicles granted permission to park on the street must not block driveways or limit access to any fire hydrant. Parked vehicles must not block or impede a sidewalk.

    The Village of Oakwood also has ordinances that prohibit unlicensed, expired, or junk motor vehicles on your property that are not enclosed in a garage. In addition, motor vehicles must be parked on a designated driveway and are prohibited from lawn areas.

  • How do I get my vehicle from the impound lot?

    To obtain a vehicle release, you must go to the Walton Hills Police Department at 7595 Walton Road, Walton Hills, OH 44146. You will need proof of ownership and a valid photo ID. The cost of a vehicle release is $10.00.

  • Is there a curfew in the Village?

    Yes. There is a curfew. The Oakwood Codified Ordinances Section 509.08(a) states the following:

    No child in the age group hereinafter set forth shall loiter, congregate, gather in groups or roam the streets in the Municipality between the hours indicated in the respective age group.

    The time specified herein shall be Eastern Standard Time or Eastern Daylight Savings Time, as the case may be: Children fifteen years and under – 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on weekdays Children sixteen years and seventeen years of age – 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on weekdays Children sixteen years and seventeen years of age – 12:00 midnight to 6:00 a.m. on weekends (Friday & Saturday)

  • When should I call the police department?

    We all know to call the police department in an emergency situation by calling 9-1-1. Calls of non-emergency nature should be directed to 440-232-1035. These calls may be referred to your community policing officer when appropriate. Calls regarding community activities, school closings or other non-police related questions should be made to the appropriate department or to the Village Hall at 440-232-9988.

    Calls concerning court related questions should be directed to the Oakwood Clerk of Courts at 440-232-4151 during normal business hours. You can leave a message for the animal warden by calling the police department non-emergency line 440-232-1035.

  • What should I do if I go on vacation?

    Call or stop at the police department prior to your departure. The dispatcher will complete a vacation form including your expected date of return and an emergency contact number if needed. Your house will be checked on a regular basis until we receive a call confirming your return.

  • How do I get a copy of a police report?

    The records office of the police department is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. To request police reports including accidents and incident reports call 440-201-1008. Active case reports will not be available if the incident is under investigation or is still pending in the courts.